The Data & Digital Director is responsible for the daily management of the Votebuilder (VAN) database and oversees and manages all aspects of the TNDP’s digital presence, to include database administration, website administration, list acquisition, and troubleshooting and maintaining technology used by the TNDP and other campaigns. The ideal candidate should have a background in VAN management from a field perspective or other relevant experience as a database administrator, know how to manipulate large sets of data that can be used for targeting purposes, be familiar with databases commonly used by state parties, be familiar with strategies in data acquisition, be able to deliver presentations to stakeholders, be able to train users on how to effectively use VAN, and be able to communicate data related priorities to field, political, and campaign leadership.
- Be the statewide VAN Administrator - act as point person for all VAN issues and conduit between TN VAN users and national administrators
- Craft an overall VAN strategy
- Write and oversee contract and fee structure for VAN access, stating clear expectations for users
- Supervise a team of regional VAN admins across the State, delegating smaller tasks.
- Design and conduct VAN training seminars
- Recruit, motivate, and monitor VAN users
- Be able to manipulate large data sets
- Act as the webmaster for TNDP.org
- Maintain TNDP.org so that it always represents TNDP positively
- Administrate the Google Apps email and calendar system
- Design new features for the website
- Safeguard users' security and privacy
- Troubleshoot computer and internet issues in the office
- Maintain all databases used by the TNDP, including NGP and data in email programs such as Blue State Digital
- Develop and lead processes for list acquisition and new data
- Be able to provide assistance in planning, training, targeting, analysis, and reporting of data, as required.
- Proven creativity and problem-solving skills
- Must be experienced in using VAN.
- Experience in being an administrator in VAN is desired.
- At least one election cycle of data or field experience
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the structure of political campaigns and familiarity with campaign technology
- Must have strong MS Excel skills
- Experience in SQL, GIS, Scripting/Macros, or Staff Management desirable
- Candidates should have good interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical individuals.
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Experience maintaining web servers and web development is desired.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package is offered.