Immediate Job Opening:
Finance Director for the Louisiana Democratic Party
Position/Reporting: Finance Director for the Louisiana Democratic Party. Position reports to Executive Director, with substantial collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director, the Chairwoman and other department heads.
Start Date: Immediate
Background on the Louisiana Party: It’s a New Day at the Louisiana Democratic Party and we are committed to building on the successes of 2012 & 2013 by professionalizing our Finance Team.
Responsibilities: This position has a wide range of responsibilities, including serving as a strategic asset for the Chairwoman of the Party, its Executive Director, the various Federal, state and local officials and campaigns in Louisiana, and other elected and party officials and leaders across the state.
Immediate responsibilities include building and overseeing LDP’s Finance Department and responsible for raising multiple millions of dollars for the 2014 and 2015 elections. Finance Director is responsible for developing, refining, and executing existing and new finance plans, coordinating fundraising events, call time, building and maintaining strategic relationships, updating finance plan, and doing finance asks from state, local, and national donors through multiple channels and mediums.
Finance Director must be a true proactive catalyst in starting up programs and making change and progress happen quickly. The primary focus of the Finance Director’s activities will include:
• •Interacting with and managing both full time finance staff and national fundraising consultants;
• •Creating, developing and managing finance plans, events, and weekly cash flow projections;
• •Ensuring accountability of finance staff, programs and activities by developing, setting, and implementing performance milestones, and ensuring these milestones are met and progress is continually demonstrated toward their fulfillment;
• •Being an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raising the necessary funds for victory; and
• •Identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and recommending talent and potential staffers and consultants for LDP.
Term: This agreement is through December 1, 2015, and may be extended beyond this period if agreed by both parties.
Position Salary: Generous and negotiable.
Location: Position is located in Baton Rouge, LA, at LDP headquarters. Regular travel in and out of the state will be required.
Contact: Email resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org Michelle Brister is LDP’s Deputy Executive Director.
Immediate Job Opening: