The Minnesota DFL Party is now accepting applications for a Coordinated Campaign Manager. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references by postal or electronic mail to
Minnesota DFL Party
255 East Plato Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55107-1623
(Please put Coordinated Campaign Manager in subject line)
The deadline for applications is Friday, October 11th, 2013. Some applicants will be contacted for an interview after the deadline for applications has passed. Please direct any questions about the jobs or the process to Ken Martin, Chair. Please respect the interview process and do not ask for a meeting outside the process.
Status: Full-time employment.
Each applicant must have at least these qualifications and, except in an extraordinary case, will not be considered without them:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Active involvement in the DFL Party (or the Democratic Party in another state)
3. Experience either (a) in a leadership role on a campaign for public office, or (b) as staff for a party organization or a coordinated campaign
4. Experience with field or community organizing (such as targeting, training, voter identification, and get-out-the-vote drives)
These additional qualifications, while not absolutely essential, are highly preferred, and will significantly bolster an application: A management-level leadership role (a) on a campaign for federal or statewide office, (b) as staff for a party organization, or (c) on a statewide coordinated campaign.
The DFL Party encourages the participation in its leadership of the many diverse groups within the Party. The Minnesota DFL Party is an equal-opportunity employer.
The Coordinated Campaign Manager heads the Coordinated Campaign staff, and reports to the UDF Board, the State DFL Chair, and the DFL Executive Director. (The “UDF” is the United Democratic Fund.)
Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Coordinated Campaign Manager will, under the direction of the UDF Board, the State DFL Chair, and the Executive Director:
1. Draft and execute the Coordinated Campaign plan and budget with the UDF Board’s approval;
2. Manage the statewide Coordinated Campaign, and offer coordination and support to endorsed candidates and their campaigns;
3. Execute the Coordinated Campaign plan, as approved by the UDF Board, and recommend to the Board any necessary or prudent refinement to the plan;
4. Organize and supervise the Party’s voter-contact programs, including but not limited to voter-identification, voter-registration, and get-out-the-vote drives;
5. Manage the Party’s field staff;
6. Work with the Voter File Manager to integrate voter-identification into the VAN;
7. Partner with UDF Board members to coordinate field efforts that contribute to goals of the UDF campaign plan;
8. Communicate quantitative and qualitative outcomes of the program to the UDF Board;
9. Perform such other duties as the UDF Board, State DFL Chair, and Executive Director assign.