The Office Manager is responsible overseeing and coordinating office operations and procedures to ensure that the Tennessee Democratic Party office runs efficiently, serves as a senior advisor to the Executive Director, Chair, State Executive Committee, and County Chairs. This position is an important strategic role with a wide range of responsibilities, serving as a trusted adviser to and strategic asset for the Executive Director and Chairman of the Party to assist in building a robust and effective elections-winning machine at TNDP.
- Works with the Chair, Treasurer, Executive Committee, Executive Director and Staff to develop and adhere to an operating budget.
- Oversees the human resources needs of the TNDP, including: identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and recommending talent and potential staffers; employee benefits; employee time sheets; vacation requests; and manages the TNDP intern program.
- Meet with, vet, recommend, and manage selected vendors.
- Serves as liaison to the TNDP State Executive Committee, officers, all committees (bylaws, finance, etc.), and to the County Chairs.
- Organizes all meetings of the State Executive Committee as required by state party bylaws and state statute.
- Prepares briefing and other such memos.
- Various administrative and operational duties and other unspecified activities that assist the Chairman and Executive Director.
- Bachelors Degree required, Advanced Degree(s) preferred.
- Political, campaign, or non-profit experience are all a plus.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to develop, motivate, manage, and build teams that regularly achieve and maintain goals.
- Demonstrated interest in implementing new technologies.
- Flexibility with work schedule and duties.
- Willing to be based in Nashville and to travel in Tennessee.
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be organized and be able to manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package is offered.