The Democratic Party of Virginia (DPVA) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Executive Director. This is a full-time leadership position based in Richmond, VA. The Executive Director is in charge of all day-to-day operations of the DPVA, the management of party staff, and serves as a senior advisor to the Chair, Steering Committee, and Central Committee.
• Work to elect Democrats to federal, state, and municipal offices in Virginia
• Conduct weekly staff meetings and check-ins, managing projects and events
• Report quarterly to the Steering Central Committee on the organization’s progress
• Serve as a surrogate/spokesperson for DPVA
• Assist in providing trainings to activists, committees, and Democratic candidates with a focus of turning training into action
• Issue weekly update on activities of Chair and Staff to Political Leaders
• Coordinate with State House and Senate caucuses on candidate recruitment
• Advise the DPVA Chair on all legal, financial, and political matters related to state party
• Fundraise from major donors as part of annual and long-term fundraising programs
• Coordinate with all national organizations, such as: DNC; DGA; DSCC, DCCC, and DLCC
• Work to develop and adhere to an operating budget with strict expenditure controls
• Develop and market long-term strategic plan in consultation with other major Democratic stakeholders.
• Oversee and maintain relationships with Democratic Party leaders, elected officials, key constituencies, and donors
• Works with Chair to reviews staff functions and restructures job responsibilities as necessary
• Ensures all required reports are accurately filed in a timely manner by the Treasurer and staff
• Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Must be organized and able to multi-task
• Be able to manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities
• Previous staff management experience
• Understanding of all aspects of elections, including state-of-the-art campaign techniques, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election, and get-out-the-vote programs
• At least 5 years of political, campaign, or non-profit experience or a combination thereof
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration on a rolling basis until no later than January 1, 2014.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the Democratic Party of Virginia because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.