Big Picture Responsibilities:
The LGBT Community Engagement Desk will work closely with the Director of Community Engagement, the Community Engagement team as well as DNC staff to and implement effective outreach to LGBT constituencies and other key groups.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts stakeholder analysis, community outreach and engagement, key message development, communication planning and execution, and logistical coordination for delivery and deployment of outreach efforts.
- Tracks planning, execution, community outreach and engagement and impact of multiple complex change initiatives.
- Cultivates relationships with key constituencies and facilitates involvement as it relates to Committee objectives.
- Develop and write comprehensive community engagement strategy plans for implementation.
- Analyzing local political trends, performing necessary research and preparing background materials and documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Engagement.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Well-honed engagement and outreach skills, including at least three (3) years of campaign, organizational and/or equivalent experiences, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks successfully.
- An advanced understanding of and demonstrated experience working with progressive leaders and groups.
- Proven effectiveness to clearly communicate what is expected of key stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated competency in handling several tasks, simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and strong written skills.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, marital status, matriculation status, caregiver responsibilities, personal appearance, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly
Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "LGBT Community Engagement Desk."
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE