- The National Press Secretary is the primary on the record spokesperson of the Democratic National Committee to all national reporters. He or she works to develop positive relationships with members of the media and pitches short and long-term stories.
- He or she works to develop and execute a communications plan and strategy with the communications director, deputy communications director, and research director, that assists the organization in its ultimate goal to elect Democrats up and down the ticket.
- He or she also works to organize press events and tracks and responds to current and future Republican leaders.
- Minimum B.A. in Journalism, Communications, Political Science, Public Policy or related field.
- 5-7 years or 3 cycles of related experience in press.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Experience with online communications and research tools.
- Extensive social networking skills.
- Previous on the record experience required
Resumes should be emailed to DNCPress@gmail.com with subject line "National Press Secretary."
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE