The Democratic National Committee is looking to a talented, creative digital content manager to create content and help run some of the most prominent social media accounts and web properties in politics (think @TheDemocrats and @JoeBiden). You’ll be responsible for helping to plan our social media strategy -- and then writing and executing on that strategy -- as well as creating content for our website and blog.
You’ll work daily to engage hundreds of thousands of Americans to support President Obama and Democrats across the country, and coordinate with senior leadership to shape our organization’s voice online.
- Experience running and growing social media accounts, preferably for an electoral campaign, elected official, advocacy organization, or non-profit;
- Strong interest in and understanding of organizing, campaigning, and politics;
- Deep understanding of social media (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest) and blogging best practices;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong, personable writing style;
- Ability to adapt to multiple platforms and multiple writing styles and voices when necessary;
- Ability to recognize a great hook or political moment, and use social media to move people to act online and off;
- Familiarity with online content management systems (e.g. Wordpress, Expression Engine, Hootsuite, etc.) and basic HTML;
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics;
- Willingness to work long hours -- this isn’t a traditional 9-5 job -- and manage and multiple projects under deadline pressure Passion for engaging millions of Americans in advancing President Obama's agenda, strengthening the Democratic party, and changing the country;
- Willingness to relocate to Washington, D.C.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, marital status, matriculation status, caregiver responsibilities, personal appearance, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly
To apply, please complete the Digital Content Manager Application
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE