Big Picture Responsibilities
Front End Developers create and maintain beautiful websites and elegant user experiences for Democrats across the country. The last few years have seen incredible advances in web and campaign technology, and the Front End Developer will help Democrats leverage these advances, while laying the groundwork for what comes next.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and will work in a tight-knit Front End team, engaging with others in the Technology and Digital Departments to design and develop web properties and applications for both the DNC and Democratic campaigns and committees.
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timeline, and with coordination across our engineering team and non-technical departments;
- Keep code clean, well-documented and ensure performance across browsers;
- Translate requests from non-technical people into very technical products;
- Train and support users across the DNC in how to add and update content across their web properties;
- Meet deadlines, prioritizing tasks and communicating in a busy, fast-paced environment.
Front End Developers will work with our Digital team to imagine new organizing, engagement and fundraising strategies while pushing our full stack engineers to build better, more performant tools to help elect Democrats. You probably also:
- Write HTML5 and CSS3 and jQuery;
- Care deeply about responsive design;
- Have managed A/B testing and have an understanding of web performance optimization;
- Obsess over image optimization, user interactions and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code.
Preference given for experience with:
- Blue State Digital tools
- WordPress or Expression Engine (as a developer and a user)
- Digital organizing and fundraising
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
To apply, please complete the Front-end Developer Application
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE