Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting speeches, talking points, op-eds and statements for the Chair, DNC officers, and other surrogates. S/he will also work with senior DNC officials to manage and coordinate the daily message for press, finance and political staff.
- S/he will also assist the communications department in the production of other written materials, including but not limited to: talking points, press releases and advisories, press statements and scripts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have at least 5 years professional writing and editing experience;
- Strong organizational skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to write quickly and effectively;
- The ideal candidate will have experience writing for political audiences, responding to developments in the news, working with different constituencies and managing multiple projects at a time.
Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Writer/Editor."
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE