This afternoon, Mitt Romney proved he has to sell himself as "severely conservative"—his words—to woo the CPAC crowd.
What does "severe" conservatism entail, exactly?
- Romney would make the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy permanent.
- Romney would ask all undocumented workers to self-deport.
- Romney would privatize veterans' health care.
- Romney would let the foreclosure crisis "hit the bottom."
- Romney would have left troops in Iraq indefinitely.
- Romney would have "let Detroit go bankrupt."
- Romney would sign the Ryan budget into law—ending Medicare as we know it.
- Romney would repeal health reform, which has helped 2.5 million young people gain coverage.