Last week Obama for America unveiled Rural Americans for Obama, a place for our communities to find information about rural issues and support President Obama. President Obama is creating a rural economy built to last—one focused on reclaiming the security of the rural middle class by growing products that the rest of the world buys, and restoring the basic values of hard work and fair play that made our country great. Working with farmers and rural communities, President Obama has:
• Helped 50,000 rural small businesses access new credit and financing that has purred entrepreneurship and supported 266,000 jobs
• Partnered with thousands of farmers, ranchers and rural businesses to help save energy and improve their bottom lines
• Expanded access to nearly 7 million rural Americans, including 364,000 rural businesses, supporting over 25,000 jobs and helping rural businesses become more competitive
• Made agriculture one of the fastest-growing parts of our economy, creating 1 out of every 12 jobs in America
• Worked with more than 500,000 farmers and ranchers to implement conservation practices on about 30 million acres of land
Visit Rural Americans for Obama to learn more about what the Obama Administration has done for rural communities and sign up for updates and events relevant to you.
After signing up, check out this video on President Obama’s support for rural Americans.