Today, First Lady Michelle Obama sent an email to Democrats thanking them for everything they do to support Democratic candidates. Here’s what she wrote:
I know you've heard me say this before, but I don't think anyone can hear it enough: I'm so grateful to you for your support, and I'm so proud of everything that we've accomplished together. At the end of the day, I think you're great -- and here's why:
- You're committed. If you've posted on Facebook about these elections or talked to a friend -- you've done more for this election than your vote alone.
- You care about the future. These elections are about the country and world we want to leave for our kids and grandkids. You get that.
- You're smart. Smart people are tuned in to these elections because they know how much ground we can gain.
- You like Barack. I think he's pretty cool, too.
- You are standing by your convictions. Each time you chip in that extra $5 or $10, you are putting your name and your hard-earned money behind Barack and Democrats. It makes me so proud -- and so grateful.
- You've got a lot of friends. With hundreds of thousands of Democrats across the country coming together to elect leaders who share our values, I think you're in good company!
I hope this makes your day, and I hope you'll think about chipping in that $3 before it's too late:
A lot of good candidates are counting on you.
Thanks so much,