The Trump budget undermines many of Trump’s promises, hurts the people he vowed to protect, and makes Republicans’ priorities clear: deep cuts to programs American families rely on, to pay for the massive giveaways the Trump tax provided to millionaires, billionaires and big corporations.
Lowlights of Trump’s devastating budget:
- The Trump budget includes $1.7 trillion in cuts to social safety net programs, including billions from Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security and that’s on top of additional cuts to food stamps, and other critical programs.
- The Trump budget sends deficits skyrocketing, with a projected deficit next year of more than $1 trillion.
- Trump’s budget proposes repealing the Affordable Care Act, which would further raise premiums and reduce access to care for millions of Americans.
- The opioid funding in Trump’s budget lacks sufficient funding for prevention, and is undermined by $250 billion in Medicaid cuts over the next decade.
- While touting his infrastructure plan, Trump’s budget cuts billions from essential transportation and infrastructure programs.
- Trump’s budget cuts funding for education by over ten percent, while spending over a billion dollars to expand school choice.
- Trump’s budget continues Trump’s anti-immigration agenda, dramatically increasing spending on immigration enforcement and funding a border wall.
- Trump’s budget slashes funding for job training programs and eliminates a program that helps low-income seniors find work.